The standard test
The BULATS standard test
- Assesses listening and reading skills and knowledge of grammar and vocabulary.
- Lasts 110 minutes: 50 minutes for Listening; 60 minutes for Reading and Language Knowledge.
- Available in English, French, German and Spanish. Test questions and instructions are in the same language as the test.
- Divided into two sections – Listening; Reading and Language Knowledge.
- You are presented with a range of different tasks and question types. Tasks are based on the kinds of skills and activities needed in the workplace, for example:
- taking down telephone messages
- understanding notices
- understanding longer texts
- correcting errors in a text.
- Result is provided by the organisation delivering the test.
Sample BULATS tests