The BULATS Online preparation course uses interactive multimedia technology to provide a flexible and engaging learning experience to:
- help prepare for the BULATS tests.
- give the best possible chance of succeeding in the tests.
The course includes 50 hours of learning in three modules:
- Reading and Listening module (30 hours)
- Speaking module (10 hours)
- Writing module (10 hours).
- In English
- Flexible delivery options:
- BULATS self-study – carried out 100% online
- BULATS blended learning – a combination of online self-study and classroom or virtual sessions with a tutor.
- Easy to fit in with work and other commitments
- Learning 'chunks' to allow for best use of small blocks of time (10–20 minutes)
- Hundreds of interactive exercises to cater for a variety of learning styles.
What learners need to do the course
- Minimum B1 level of English on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Access to a computer with a fast internet connection.
Once you have registered on a BULATS Online Course, you will be given a website address, and a login and password for the Learning Management System (Fronter). You do not need any additional software. You will receive immediate feedback on all online activities and will send your written work to your tutor for electronic marking. You can also:
- check your answers for each activity
- receive feedback and hints to your answers
- display transcripts for all sound and video files
- communicate online with your teacher and your peers
- save your written work in your portfolio.
You will have access to all the learning resources you need to successfully complete the course.
If you are a teacher/administrator
You will be provided with online training materials to introduce you to the Learning Management System (Fronter). This shows you how to:
- monitor and view students' activities and their assignments
- create a hand-in folder
- manage online marking
- upload documents to Fronter
- view evaluated and graded assignments
- view/control the portfolio
- send messages to students.
The course includes a complete set of printable and photocopiable teacher's notes and classroom activities for each module, providing you with a set of task-based, flexible, structured, communicative activities, including pair work, role plays, games and discussion ideas to help students put what they learn into practice.
The teacher's notes and classroom activities offer maximum flexibility and contain:
- an introduction specifying how to blend classroom sessions and online work
- discussion/personalisation tasks to introduce or consolidate the topic of the module
- functional role plays
- speaking tasks.
About BULATS Online courses
BULATS Online courses are developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Vital English, an innovative learning development company.
BULATS Online courses are part of the official preparation materials for Cambridge English exams offered by Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press.